Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Massachusetts Health Promotion Clearinghouse?
The Massachusetts Health Promotion Clearinghouse provides free health promotion materials for Massachusetts residents and health and social service providers in the Commonwealth. Funded by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, the Clearinghouse develops and distributes health promotion materials on a wide variety of topics - you can see our full range of topics on our homepage.
What if I am from a Board of Health or Health Department?
If you are from a Board of Health, please select "Board of Health" from the "Sign up for membership" drop down when you register. PLEASE NOTE: because our staff needs to approve Board of Health accounts, it will take up to one business day for you to be able to access materials that are restricted to Boards of Health.
When can I expect my order?
Orders generally take 1-2 weeks to process and ship to you. If you need your materials for an event or by a specific date, please indicate that in the provided field when you place your order and we will do our best to get order materials to you before that date.
What if my order is urgent or I need it by a certain date?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org after you have placed your order if your order is urgent and we will alert our warehouse.
How many copies can I order? / How many copies will I receive?
If you enter a quantity of "1", you will receive only one copy of the item. Items are usually shrink-wrapped in quantities of 50 or 100, but you should enter the actual quantity you want to receive, not the number of packages you want.
All items are limited to 500, and some are limited to a lower amount due to low stock. If you try to add more to your cart than this limit, the amount will automatically update in your cart.
What is my order status?
You can check your order status at any time on the Order Management page.
- Received: Your order is awaiting approval by our staff - orders need to be checked to make sure that materials are going to the intended recipients. This process generally takes one business day.
- Approved: Your order has been approved by our staff and has been sent to our warehouse.
- Ready to Ship: Your order is being processed at our warehouse. This process generally takes three to seven business days.
- Shipped: Your order has been shipped from our warehouse and is on its way to you. Shipping generally takes one to two business days. If your order status is "shipped" and you have not received it within three business days, please email us or call 617-279-2240 ext. 326 for assistance.
How do I find a specific brochure, poster, etc.?
The Search Bar is located in the top left hand corner of our site (no matter what page you are on) - you can enter an item number or title to search for a specific item. You can also browse by subject in the "Products" section on the left hand side of the website. If you are looking for products produced by a specific program, you can browse by programs here.
What if materials are "Out of Stock"?
Occasionally we run out of certain materials at our warehouse and those materials will be noted as "Out of Stock" on our website. We will usually have these materials back in stock within two to four weeks. In the meantime, if we have a downloadable version of these materials those will always be available on the product page.
Still have questions? Please email us here or call our customer service line at 617-279-2240 ext. 326 for assistance.
If you have questions about a product or need assistance in placing an order, please email us or call us at 617.279.2240 ext. 326.
- Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Blood Pressure
- Cancer Control
- Care Coordination
- CLAS Initiative
- Disease Surveillance & Reporting
- Down Syndrome
- Emergency Preparedness & Response
- Environmental Health
- Family Planning
- Heart Disease & Stroke Prevention
- HIV / AIDS
- Infection Control
- Injury Prevention
- MA Children at Play Mentors
- Mass in Motion
- Men's Health
- Mosquitoes & Ticks
- Nutrition & Physical Activity
- Oral Health
- Oxygen Safety at Home
- Parenting & Child Health
- Relationship Health
- School Health
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Tobacco Cessation & Prevention
- Women's Health
- Browse Titles By Program